How willing are you to fight against the little things that suck the life out of your prayer time? We all face distractions, discouragement, and lack of discipline when it comes to maintaining a healthy prayer life. Andre, Angele, and Gerhard have a discussion on the battle for prayer and what practical things to do to help navigate the challenges that come up.
- “Prayer is a battle. Against whom? Against ourselves and against the wiles of the tempter who does all he can to turn man away from prayer.” CCC 2725
- Make time to pray and wake up early!
- Praying in the morning sets you up for success for the rest of the day
- Find someone or a group of people that can hold you accountable to your prayer life
- “To set about hunting down distractions would be to fall into their trap when all that is necessary is to turn back to our heart: for a distraction reveals to us what we are attached to, and this humble awareness before the Lord should awaken our preferential love for him.” CCC 2729
- “This is the moment of sheer faith clinging faithfully to Jesus in his agony and in his tomb.” CCC2731
Enjoy our other episodes on prayer: